Friday, March 26, 2010

Phone stall

For our latest construction and detailing projects, we were required to design and detail a phone stall.  It would be solely used for marketing purposes either a telecommunication network or a particular brand of phone.  The challenges we were presented were that we had to use up to 80% aluminium, other parts could be made of steel for example, but the use of different materials had to be carefully chosen with particular attention to the detailed connections.

For my stall, i chose Samsung as my target brand of choice.  Very slick and slender designs most of the time, linear in forms.  Often mechanisms used for the phones included sliding and folding as compared to the conventional block form.  Hence in the form of my stall i opted to incorporate all three forms into my stall. 



Firstly the vertical members would simulate the sliding, and within that frame, another scissor-like effect members.  To secure the whole structure, the final form, just use of two planes to stabilize the structure.  I used a combination of aluminium frames which are filleted at the ends and hollow on the inside with aluminium mesh composition with appropriate branding done in stainless steel for a more refined and elegant look.

See below for my concept sketches and my thought process through my project, including my 3D visualizations of the product.  At this stage in my design i'm experimenting with different colour schemes and adding technology into the stall e.g. an LCD screen or speakers to name a few.


Here are my 3D's below:


stay tuned for my details! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment